By Giuseppe Fusco
Adaptive Voltage keep watch over in energy platforms, a self-contained mixture of conception and novel program, bargains in-depth remedy of such adaptive keep an eye on schemes. insurance strikes from power-system-modelling difficulties via illustrations of the most adaptive keep watch over platforms, together with self-tuning, model-reference and nonlinearities repayment to a close description of layout tools: Kalman filtering, parameter-identification algorithms and discrete-time controller layout are all represented. Case experiences handle functions matters within the implementation of adaptive voltage regulate.
Read or Download Adaptive Voltage Control in Power Systems: Modelling, Design and Applications (Advances in Industrial Control) PDF
Similar control systems books
This monograph contains new effects at the stabilization of time-delay structures utilizing PID controllers. the most thrust of the e-book is the layout of PID controllers for time-delay platforms, for which the authors have acquired a few vital requirements, insights and new layout innovations. one of the difficulties thought of during this e-book, a major one is that of stabilizing a first-order plant with useless time utilizing a PID controller.
This learn of the nonlinear output rules challenge embraces neighborhood in addition to worldwide instances, overlaying such facets as controller layout and useful implementation concerns. From the stories: "The authors deal with the matter of output legislation for a nonlinear keep watch over procedure. .. [they] increase a world method of output rules alongside conventional strains.
Hybrid dynamical platforms, either non-stop and discrete dynamics and variables, have attracted huge curiosity lately. This rising region is located on the interface of keep watch over idea and machine engineering, targeting the analogue and electronic elements of platforms and units. they're crucial for advances in smooth electronic- controller expertise.
- Analysis and Control of Complex Nonlinear Processes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Data-Variant Kernel Analysis
- Stochastic Distribution Control System Design: A Convex Optimization Approach
- Cooperative Control of Dynamical Systems: Applications to Autonomous Vehicles
- Micro, Nanosystems and Systems on Chips: Modeling, Control, and Estimation
Extra resources for Adaptive Voltage Control in Power Systems: Modelling, Design and Applications (Advances in Industrial Control)
B+ nB + z 1 z −1 −nB − B − (z −1 ) = b0 + b− + . . + b− nB − z 1 z and nB = nB + + nB − . Usually it is realistic to assume nB − = 0, except for some speciﬁc cases, such as voltage regulation at midpoint of a long transmission line , which yield to a nonminimum phase model (nB − = 0). 14) approximates the relationship between u(tc,k ) and v1 (tc,k ) at the controlled node. 9. In some cases, further improvement of the accuracy of the time domain model can be obtained by including also a white noise term, which takes into account the noise due to measurement devices and to commutations in the power electronic apparatus.
However, since saturation has been neglected in the control design, the integrator of the regulator may suﬀer from wind-up. This causes low-frequency oscillations and leads to instability. The wind-up is due to the controller states becoming inconsistent with the saturated control signal, and future correction is ignored until the actuator desaturates. 7 has been implemented . Fig. 7. Voltage regulator scheme avoiding wind-up The ﬁrst simulation presented aims to show the performance of the nodal voltage regulator scheme designed according to the pole-shifting technique.
6. HSF topology design; see, for example, . Such a system modeling approach is necessary to design frequency/active power control. In fact, frequency is a system variable; that is, it represents the unique value of the frequency in the whole system. Consequently, all the local frequency/active power regulators of the synchronous generators connected to the system cooperate to control the system frequency thus interacting through the load-ﬂow equations. On the other hand, when considering the voltage/reactive power control problem, the eﬀect of local nodal voltage controller actions on local variables and their interaction through the power-ﬂow balance equations is often weak enough to be neglected.