By Qing Zhang
This e-book overviews the present prestige of analysis and improvement actions of CNTs in nanodevices, nanomaterials, or nanofabrication. This publication offers 15 state of the art evaluation articles that conceal CNT synthesis applied sciences for turning out to be hugely oriented CNTs, chirality-pure CNTs and CNTs at a wide throughput and occasional price, CNT meeting thoughts, CNT sorting and separation approaches, CNT functionalization engineering for extra functionalities, CNT primary houses and their practical/potential electric, digital, optical, mechanical, chemical and organic applications.
Read Online or Download Carbon Nanotubes and Their Applications PDF
Similar materials & material science books
This ebook provides new and important learn growth on composite fabrics that are engineered fabrics made of or extra constituent fabrics with considerably assorted actual or chemical homes and which stay separate and specific on a macroscopic point in the accomplished constitution.
The foreign Workshop on Liquid Crystalline Polymers (LCPs) held in June 1993 in Italy attracted some of the best researchers during this sector of polymer technological know-how. The assembly supplied a discussion board for the alternate of study and ideas on present advancements and destiny examine and functions of liquid crystalline polymers.
This e-book overviews the present prestige of analysis and improvement actions of CNTs in nanodevices, nanomaterials, or nanofabrication. This booklet offers 15 cutting-edge assessment articles that conceal CNT synthesis applied sciences for transforming into hugely oriented CNTs, chirality-pure CNTs and CNTs at a wide throughput and coffee rate, CNT meeting innovations, CNT sorting and separation procedures, CNT functionalization engineering for extra functionalities, CNT primary homes and their practical/potential electric, digital, optical, mechanical, chemical and organic purposes.
- Imperial College Inaugural Lectures in Materials Science and Materials Engineering
- Nanomanufacturing Handbook
- The Acoustic Bubble
- Soft computing in the design and manufacturing of composite materials : applications to brake friction and thermoset matrix composites
- Bio- and Bioinspired Nanomaterials
- Advanced Ceramic Materials
Additional resources for Carbon Nanotubes and Their Applications
In an exciton, the electron and hole are separated by the exciton radius. The attractive Coulomb interaction potential can induce quantization of energy. The exciton binding energy can be defined as the difference between the free electron energy and the quantized energy levels. 13 Schematic of exciton formation. With photon absorption, an electron is excited from the valence band to the conduction band. The electron can interact with the hole left in the conduction band by the Coulomb attractive interaction.
7eV/dt(nm). 7eV/dt(nm). 3 Effect of Curvature on Nanotube Bandgap Since SWCNT can be viewed as a rolled up graphene layer, in the zone-folding scheme, a periodic boundary condition is applied to the graphene layer in order to obtain electronic structures of the SWCNT. Actually, the SWCNTs have certain curvature due to the cylinder shape. Therefore, we cannot treat p orbitals independently as in the graphene case because the p orbitals are not orthogonal to s orbitals in the SWCNTs. The curvature of the SWCNTs mixes p and s orbitals, leading to certain deviations in the electronic structures of nanotubes 13 14 Fundamental Properties of Carbon Nanotubes from the pure p orbital graphene picture.
10. Outlet. (B) Optical images showing a human hair and two strands of SWCNT. 5 mm (white arrow indicates thinner ropes). The inset shows one straightened SWCNT strand and another tied in a knot. , 2002] Chemical Vapor Deposition Li et al. 8). Carbon nanotube fibers were continuously drawn from the furnace by a rotating spindle and there is no length limitation for the spun CNT fiber. 25 ml/min from the top of the CVD furnace and H2 carrier gas flowed at 400 to 1200 ml/min at temperatures of 1050–1200°C.