By Roger Schofield
In accordance with unique learn, this ebook marks a big improve in our knowing not just of the economic assets to be had to the English crown but in addition of the wider political tradition of early Tudor England.
- An unique examine of taxation below the early Tudors.
- Explains the importance of the parliamentary lay taxation levied on contributors at the moment.
- Demonstrates the worth of the mass of private tax tests from this era to social, financial and native historians.
- Considers the severe place that parliamentary taxation occupies in constitutional background.
- Sheds gentle at the political stipulations and attitudes conventional in England lower than the early Tudors.
Chapter 1 advent (pages 1–8):
Chapter 2 Parliament (pages 9–26):
Chapter three The 15th and 10th (pages 27–71):
Chapter four The Evolution of the without delay Assessed Subsidy (pages 72–92):
Chapter five without delay Assessed Subsidies 1513–47 (pages 93–139):
Chapter 6 The approach and the documents of the Exchequer (pages 140–167):
Chapter 7 The Yields of the Taxes (pages 168–177):
Chapter eight The potency of the gathering of the Taxes (pages 178–200):
Chapter nine Taxation and the Political Limits of the Tudor kingdom (pages 201–218):