By Brett Shavers
Cybercrime Case Presentation is a "first glance" excerpt from Brett Shavers' new Syngress e-book, Placing the Suspect at the back of the Keyboard. Case presentation calls for the abilities of a superb forensic examiner and nice public speaker with a purpose to express sufficient details to an viewers for the viewers to put the suspect at the back of the keyboard. utilizing quite a few visible aids, demonstrative tools, and analogies, investigators can successfully create an atmosphere the place the viewers totally is aware complicated technical info and task in a chronological type, as though they saw the case because it occurred.
Read Online or Download Cybercrime Case Presentation: An Excerpt from Placing The Suspect Behind The Keyboard PDF
Best forensic science books
Forensic rfile exam is the research of actual proof and actual facts can't lie. purely its interpretation can err. in basic terms the failure to discover it, or to listen to its precise testimony can deprive it of its worth.
It's been stated that scammers and swindlers usually reveal features as a rule attributed to reliable management. those comprise environment a imaginative and prescient, speaking it essentially, and motivating others to persist with their lead. but if those abilities are utilized by unconscionable humans to meet greed, how can the typical individual realize that foul play is afoot?
Animal cruelty is gaining cognizance all over the world. With the increase of necessary reporting necessities for veterinarians and prosecution of animal cruelty, veterinarians and pathologists want the assets to correctly help in those circumstances. Veterinary Forensics is a realistic reference for veterinarians, pathologists and investigators.
Meant for forensic scientists and scholars of the self-discipline, Forensic Interpretation of Glass facts presents the practising forensic scientist with the mandatory statistical instruments and technique to introduce forensic glass facts into the laboratory. With loose software program to be had for downloading on the author's website, scientists can observe their very own information and draw conclusions utilizing ideas practiced within the textual content.
- Effective Interviewing and Interrogation Techniques, Second Edition
- Incident Response and Computer Forensics (3rd Edition)
- FBI - Handbook of Forensic Services
- Criminal Abuse of Women and Children: An International Perspective
- Windows Forensic Analysis Toolkit. Advanced Analysis Techniques for Windows 8
- Forensic Comparative Science: Qualitative Quantitative Source Determination of Unique Impressions, Images, and Objects
Extra resources for Cybercrime Case Presentation: An Excerpt from Placing The Suspect Behind The Keyboard
The second and third rules are practice more. 12 Summary The importance of case presentation is on equal standing with case investigation. A failed investigation cannot be saved by a good presentation and a good investigation can be ruined by a poor presentation. Both require attention to detail and the objective is to not only find the alleged activity under investigation but also identify the suspect or suspects behind that activity and convey that information to your audience. Your case presentation, using analogies and visual aids, will help your audience determine the suspect and place that suspect behind the keyboard.
11. Tables or spreadsheets that contain data organized by date and time are effective in showing extreme detail of activity of a computer system. Specific types of activity of importance can be pulled out of the spreadsheet and visually shown to an audience to emphasize the importance of that specific data. Such would be the case seen in Fig. 11, where one file is shown from creation to deletion, including the possibility of being copied onto a USB device. Fig. 11 Historical file movement on a single computer system.
Fig. 8 Extrapolation of graphics taken from Fig. 6 comparing the content of graphics on a computer system. As easy it may be for you to visualize the data that you have come to know in the investigation, as the presenter, your objective is to make your audience quickly and accurately interpret your work as you know it. Charts are an easy and effective means to visualize some types of data in a way that fewer words are needed to explain the data. Complex computer systems, such as corporate networks, are difficult to describe in words.