By Qipeng Guo
With a spotlight on structure-property relationships, this e-book describes how polymer morphology impacts homes and the way scientists can regulate them. The booklet covers constitution improvement, idea, simulation, and processing; and discusses a wide diversity of thoughts and methods.
• Provides an up to date, entire advent to the foundations and practices of polymer morphology
• Illustrates significant constitution varieties, equivalent to semicrystalline morphology, surface-induced polymer crystallization, section separation, self-assembly, deformation, and floor topography
• Covers quite a few polymers, resembling homopolymers, block copolymers, polymer skinny motion pictures, polymer blends, and polymer nanocomposites
• Discusses a extensive variety of complex and novel suggestions and strategies, like x-ray diffraction, thermal research, and electron microscopy and their purposes within the morphology of polymer materials
Read Online or Download Polymer Morphology: Principles, Characterization, and Processing PDF
Best plastics books
A entire encyclopaedic dictionary on polymer expertise with accelerated entries - exchange identify and alternate marks, record of abbreviations and estate tables.
Content material: Polymer nanocomposites: advent / Richard A. Vaia, Ramanan Krishnamoorti -- Commercialization of polymer nanocomposites / Jon Collister -- PMMA nanocomposites synthesized by way of emulsion polymerization / Sumanda Bandyopadhyaya, ALex J. Hsieh, Emmanuel P. Giannelis -- Boron nitride fillers for natural polymer composites / R.
This e-book introduces the idea that of medical processing for injection molding. a piece on layout of experiments for injection molding presents perception to the beauty and dimensional method home windows. This publication additionally incorporates a plan to unencumber certified molds into creation, difficulty taking pictures information, and subject matters that influence a powerful procedure similar to using regrind, mould cooling, and venting.
Using engaging in polymers for the anticorrosion safeguard of metals has attracted nice curiosity over the past 30 years. The layout and improvement of carrying out polymers-based coating platforms with advertisement viability is predicted to be complicated via using nanotechnology and has bought big awareness lately.
- Modern Electrochemistry 2B: Electrodics in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology and Environmental Science
- Polymer products and chemical processes : techniques, analysis and applications
- Injection Molding. Process Control, Monitoring, and Optimization
- Step-growth polymerization process modeling and product design
Additional info for Polymer Morphology: Principles, Characterization, and Processing
The coherent scattered intensity is a product of two factors, the form factor f, and the structure factor F. F is the structure, the organization of the atoms and molecules that is being sought. Established crystallographic methods for determining and describing the polymer structure at the atomic and molecular level can be found in well-written textbooks [5, 6] and handbooks . Therefore, rather than describing these methods, this chapter focuses on the aspects unique to polymeric materials.
Encyclopedia of Polymers and Composites. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer; 2014. 49. Beekmans LGM, Vancso GJ. Real-time crystallization study of poly(????-caprolactone) by hot-stage atomic force microscopy. Polymer 2000;41:8975–8981. 50. Lei YG, Chan CM, Wang Y, Ng KM, Jiang Y, Li L. Growth processes of homogeneously and heterogeneously nucleated spherulites as observed by atomic force microscopy. Polymer 2003;44:4673–4679. 51. Carslaw HS, Jaeger JC. Conduction of Heat in Solids. 2nd ed. Oxford, UK: Clarendon Press; 1986, Chapter XI.
4) [37–42]. Assuming a two-phase system with crystalline and amorphous segments, the total crystallinity can be determined by comparing the area under the crystalline peaks to the total scattering area [43–46]. The scattered intensity is used to calculate the volume integral of the diffracted peak. 6 (a) Profile-fitted data from poorly crystallized polymer film (PA6). The scan is resolved into an amorphous halo, and crystalline peaks from the two crystalline polymorphs, ???? and ????. Murthy and Minor .