By Helene Raskin White (auth.), Marc Galanter (eds.)
'Each subject is roofed in enough intensity, foreign money, and readability to be of price to the neophyte and the professional researcher/clinician.' --- American magazine of Psychiatry, from a assessment of a prior quantity the present quantity addresses a number concerns throughout this varied box, together with the results on society, body structure and biochemistry, medical pathology, and traits in treatment.
Read Online or Download Recent Developments in Alcoholism: Ten Years of Progress, Social and Cultural Perspectives Physiology and Biochemistry Clinical Pathology Trends in Treatment PDF
Similar cultural books
Transcendent person argues for a reappraisal of where of the person in anthropolgical conception and ethnographic writing. A wealth of voices illustrate and tell the textual content, exhibiting ways that contributors creatively 'write', narrate and animate cultural and social existence. this can be an anthropology imbued with a liberal morality that's keen to make price decisions over and opposed to tradition in favour of individuality.
Thoughts that evoke the actual knowledge of contact, scent, and physically presence might be very important hyperlinks to domestic for individuals residing in diaspora from their tradition of starting place. How can filmmakers operating among cultures use cinema, a visible medium, to transmit that actual feel of position and tradition? within the dermis of the movie Laura U.
During this significant contribution to modern political thought, Jean Cohen and Andrew Arato argue that the idea that of civil society articulates a contested terrain within the West which could develop into a main locus for the growth of democracy and rights.
- Formations of Ritual: Colonial and Anthropological Discourses on the Sinhala Yaktovil
- Handwriting in America: A Cultural History
- Human Institutions: A Theory of Societal Evolution
- Culture and Conflict in Postwar Italy: Essays on Mass and Popular Culture
Additional info for Recent Developments in Alcoholism: Ten Years of Progress, Social and Cultural Perspectives Physiology and Biochemistry Clinical Pathology Trends in Treatment
New Brunswick, NJ, Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies, 1991, pp 145-173. 22 I • Social and Cultural Perspectives 31. Akers RL: Deviant Behavior: A Social Learning Approach. 3rd ed. Belmont, Calif, Wadsworth, 1985. 32. White HR, Bates ME, Johnson V: Social reinforcement and alcohol consumption, in Cox WM (ed): Why People Drink: Parameters of Alcohol as a Reinforcer. New York, Gardner Press, 1990, pp 233-261. 33. Thce HM: ~coholism in America' revisited. J Drug Issues 14(1):109-123, 1984. 34. Strickland DE, Pittman OJ: Social learning and teenage alcohol use: Interpersonal and observational influences within the sociocultural environment.
144. Mulford HA, Fitzgerald JL: Per capita alcohol sales, heavy drinker prevalence and alcohol problems in Iowa for 1958-1985. Br J Addict 83:265-268, 1988. 145. S. Surgeon General's Office: Surgeon General's Workshop on Drunk Driving. Washington, DC, US Department of Health and Human Services, 1988, pp 1-13. 146. Room R: Alcohol control and public health. Annu Rev Public Health 5:293-317, 1984. 147. Atkin CK: Alcoholic-beverage advertising: Its content and impact, in Holder HE (ed): Advances in Substance Abuse: Behavioral and Biological Research (suppl1).
Collins H, Schlenger WE, Jordan BK: Antisocial personality and substance abuse disorders. Bull Am Acad Psychiatry Law 16(2):187-198, 1988. 104. Hesselbrock VM, Hesselbrock MN, Stabenau JR: Alcoholism in men patients subtyped by family history and antisocial personality. J Stud Alcohol 46:59-64, 1985. 105. Hawton K, Fagg J, McKeown SP: Alcoholism, alcohol, and attempted suicide, in Pittman OJ, White HR (eds): Society, Culture, and Drinking Patterns Reexamined. New Brunswick, NJ, Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies, 199, pp 661-672.